As a mum with a passion for wholefoods, I'm always looking for easy ways to sneak extra nutrients into my kids diets! This quick and easy egg and bacon muffin recipe is a great example. It ticks all the essential boxes:
- Made from 100% real foods
- Extra nutrients from hidden veg
- Low carb and paleo
- Gluten free and dairy free
- Quick and easy to make
- Tastes great!
As an added bonus, this one is boosted with the nutritional super-powder of liver! But don't worry, you can't taste it!
Give these a try and let us know what you think.
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Makes: 24 mini muffins
What you will need
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut cream/ full fat canned coconut milk
- 150g nitrate free bacon, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, grated, juices roughly squeezed out
- 2 tsp Thankfully Nourished liver powder
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 170’C.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs with coconut milk.
- Add Thankfully Nourished liver powder and nutritional yeast and whisk to combine.
- In a small frying pan, fry off bacon.
- Add bacon, zucchini to egg mix and combine.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased mini muffin tray.
- Bake in oven for for 15-20 mins or until golden on top and cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
Tips: You can also add 1/4 tsp onion powder + 1/4 tsp garlic powder for extra flavour. You can also swap bacon for chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
Recipe by Casey-Lee Lyons. To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au