As part of our Thankfully Nourished Christmas Banquet, let's start with a festive drink.
Ingredients for the syrup
- 350ml white wine
- 350ml water
- 1 ½ tsp monk fruit concentrate
- ½ vanilla bean (or ½ tsp pure vanilla extract)
- peel from ½ lemon
- 6 white peaches (halved with seed in)
- Prosecco or soda water
How to make the syrup
- Bring syrup to the boil and add halved peaches.
- Turn the heat down to just simmering.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until peaches are soft. Allow to cool in the syrup.
- Peel the skin and discard with the seed. Blend and pass through a sieve if necessary.
- This puree can be made 2-3 days in advance and stored in the fridge.
How to assemble the drink
- To make a Bellini fill one third of a champagne flute with peach syrup and top up with ice cold Prosecco
- For a non-alcoholic version replace white wine with strawberry & lemon syrup below and add soda water instead of Prosecco (the kids will love it!).
- Strawberry & lemon syrup: Mix in a blender 100g strawberries (thawed frozen is fine) with zest and juice of 1 lemon until very well combined. Strain and top up with water to make 150ml.
The adults version
The kids version
- You can see the whole Thankfully Nourished Christmas Banquet menu here
- You can buy Monk Fruit here
- Make Thankfully Nourished Ice Blocks
- Make Rose, Hibiscus and Orange Zest Soda